S. Bart’s has resumed in-person worship as of Sunday, 13 September, 2020. Mass is celebrated at 8.00 a.m., 9.30 a.m., and 11.00 a.m. Seats are limited and pre-registration will be required.
To attend any of S. Bart’s in-person Sunday services, we ask that you register by emailing Father Hannam 24 hours in advance. Please specify the date of the celebration you wish to attend, the time you would prefer, and the total number in your party. We will do our best to accommodate your preference. Our Saturday and weekday services do not require registration: please feel free to simply drop in!
Please see the key information below. You can also read the correspondence issued by the Diocese on 19 August here; see a full outline of the Diocesan protocols for re-opening here; and view the Diocesan re-opening video here.
- Anyone with symptom(s) of COVID-19, even if they are mild, should stay home. You can take the COVID-19 self-assessment test available on the Ministry of Health’s COVID-19 website.
- Space will be limited, so please attend your assigned Mass celebration, unless you have made specific arrangements with Father Hannam to attend another celebration.
- If you have no access to the Internet, please call Father Hannam at 647-208-1645. Inquiries can also be directed to email@example.com.
- Persons who should consider virtual services include those with symptom(s) of COVID-19, even if they are mild, clinically vulnerable worshippers, especially those over 70, or those who are immuno-compromised.
- There will be no coffee hour; please bring your own bottled water.
- Always follow floor/furniture markings, maintaining the two-metre distance with persons not in the same household.
- Please do not gather with others near the entrance, exit or anywhere inside or just outside of the church.
- Please note that electric fans will not be used and handheld fans or fanning oneself with the bulletin is prohibited. Keep this in mind on hot days and consider online attendance if you mind the heat.
Arriving at S. Bart’s
- Wear a non-medical face mask or face covering. Exemptions include children under the age of 2 or anyone who has trouble breathing or difficulty in managing face coverings without assistance.
- Disposable non-medical masks will be available at the welcome table.
- Enter through the Dundas Street Door and use the hand sanitiser provided (70-90% alcohol concentration).
- You will be asked to provide information for potential contact tracing.
- Only one person may access each washroom at a time.
- Please note, you will be denied entry at the screening station if:
- You have any symptom(s) of COVID-19;
- You have travelled outside Canada in the past 14 days;
- You have come in close contact with a person with symptoms of COVID-19 or with a confirmed case of COVID-19 within the past 14 days.
- Avoid physical contact with others from different households. Greet each other with a smile, bow, or wave.
- An alms (offering) basket will be placed on a table just inside the west door for use instead of offering plates. Consider signing up for Pre-Authorized Giving or use the email provided in the bulletin to make a donation by e-transfer.
- Do not share your order of service leaflet with anyone.
- Practice good respiratory etiquette by coughing or sneezing into the elbow or use a tissue and then then discarding the tissue in a waste basket. Wash or sanitize your hands afterwards.
Receiving Holy Communion
Individuals wishing to make their Communion should proceed as follows:
- With washed (i.e., sanitized) hands,
- place your right hand (symbol of Christ) over your left hand
- in the shape of a Cross.
- Receive the Sacred Host in your right hand with desire and charity, and retire to the second Communion Station in the Lady Chapel.
- Lifting your hands slightly, remove one side of your mask, lower your face, and consume the Host directly in your mouth (no grabbing necessary!).
- Check your hand to make sure nothing of the Host is left behind, and replace your mask.
Leaving S. Bart’s
Leave the building promptly through the Lady Chapel door.
Questions about re-opening? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking forward to seeing you!